Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hambone

While the word hambone to most people would conjure up thoughts and pictures of this:



















But in the simpson family we do things a little different. To us the one and only hambone is:





















As I continue to learn and grow whilst away at school, I am able to call home and talk to family. Every time I call home, Sam's voice gets deeper and deeper. I bitterly notice that mine stays the same. It has taken me about 23 years to get my voice where it is. 23 years! It has taken Sam less than 15 to best me. But he is wise to not rub it in.

I remember very vividly the times just following my return from serving as a missionary. Sam was pivotal in my assimilation. Sam was the one who got me introduced to current music, cool movies, panago pizza, etc. I think I am a lucky guy to have a brother like Sam. He is a scholar and a gentleman, and he is my brother for eternity.

I consider myself to be very blessed in the brother category, cause lets be real here, both of mine are either an extreme sports enthusiast, or an international athlete.

Just for good measure, I will include another favorite picture of Sam:



















Oh wait, thats me... lets try that again



















And yes, I will openly admit, I miss Sam, and cant wait to see him again and push him in the snow.

1 comment: