Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mothers Day

The earliest memory that I have of my mom is in San Ramon. We had been a family for a while, an things were moving along quite well. It was time for me to go to school, at Neil Armstrong Elementary. I was going to attend kindergarten. I still was rockin the curly and sun bleached blonde mullet. No doubt I was a cute kid. Mom was very concerned about me having ashy knees and elbow's. To combat that, copious amounts of Vasaline lotion was applied to my arms and legs. I had little noodle arms and so mom would put lotion on the arms and then squeeze her hands together and I would pull out my arm. It was a bonding moment for me. For some reason, it made me feel loved and very secure. I am not sure if i ever told mom how much I loved it, but I would look forward to it every day. It helped me grow closer to the woman who is easily the most influential and beloved woman in my life. Thank you mom for your patience and wisdom while raising me. You are an amazing mother and I am lucky to call you my mom. I love you.

Love, Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment