Sunday, May 17, 2009

today on this fine sabbath, I had an excellent idea. Many times throughout my membership in the church, I have been counseled to keep a journal. For some strange reason, it has always been difficult, but today I had an epiphany. I have an ipodtouch, and I value the thing very much. Well, it has the ability to take notes, and I now am able to "write" in my "journal" which is really typing on my ipod. The reason that this was such a great idea to me is that now I have a way to document my thoughts, and my feelings on life, and various gospel subjects. I am happy because now I can use the entries as support when times are tough, and I also get to share them with others when I deem prudent. To me this seems like a great option. 

Other than this, my life is pretty much the same. I go to class everyday, workout everyday, and look for a job....every stinkin day. But, things should pick up soon.

As far as the dates are concerned, I am performing admirably. Since I have arrived at BYU-I I have been blessed with many opportunities to go on dates, but it has only been in the last few weeks that I have really spread my wings and flown. I have had a blast in these last few weeks, going on many dates, and meeting lots of new people. I am also keeping track of traits and values that I like. Personality is a huge deal for me, and I love talking and getting to know different women. I can remember when I was thinking about not coming to Idaho, and I am grateful that I listened to my folks and came back to school here. I have experienced many things, and I count myself lucky to be here. 

I guess you could call this a special shout out to my parents. They are exceptional and I am glad that they are mine.  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jacob, for listening to our counsel and acting on it. Try to find a few days that do not stink, and you will find more success. Do good things and serve those around you. We love you son.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom and Dad know a thing or two...

    ReplyDelete